3 May 2015

London Medal Company - New additions


I like what I've seen from The London Medal Company so far and so I'm happy to post these links to the company's website. I bought a modest group the other week but it did come with a lot of supporting ephemera including some great photos which will hopefully open up other research avenues.

The item pictured above comprises a "Second World War Battle of France May 1940 Hurricane Fighter Pilot’s casualty group awarded to Pilot Officer R.W. Burton, Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, who flew operationally with No.85 Squadron, and when performing a ground attack, was killed in action, being shot down by either M.E.109’s or anti aircraft fire on 20th May 1940."  So there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I'll respond as soon as I'm able to do so.